Tesco Tricolore Fusilli Pasta 500g (Imported)
A versatile shape that can be served hot with a sauce or cold in salads. The spiral shape provides the perfect surface area for holding your favourite sauce.
Fusille is ideally served with a tomato based sauce or pesto.
Preparation and Storage
Preparation and Usage
Chunky sausage tomatoes & fennel
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 300g of Tesco Fusilli Pasta
- 3 tsps fennel seeds
- 1 red chilli
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 6 Italian sausages or any thick chunky sausage
- 1tbsp dried oregano
- 200ml red wine
- 1x400g can of chopped tomatoes
- 3 tbsps of Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Handful of flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Crush the fennel seeds and finely dice the chilli, and then place to one side.
2. In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over a medium heat. Squeeze the meat out of the sausage skins and place it in the pan.
3. Using a wooden spoon break up the meat so that it resembles a coarse mince. Add the fennel seeds and chilli and cook for 5-10 minutes
or until the meat turns golden brown in colour.
4. Meanwhile cook the pasta according to the pack instructions.
5. Once the meat has changed colour, stir in the oregano and red wine and allow it to reduce by half.
6. Add the can of chopped tomatoes and allow to simmer for 5-10 minutes.
7. When the pasta has cooked, drain and gently combine with the sausage meat and sauce.
8. Add the parsley and 2/3 of the grated Parmesan and stir.
9. Serve immediately and season with sea salt, freshly ground black pepper and the remaining Parmesan.
Or for a quicker recipe, simply use one of our delicious Tesco Pasta Sauces!
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2016